April 23, 2020 - Flamboro Downs has announced
today their decision to postpone the running of the 2020 Confederation Cup
due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
“It is difficult at this time to announce an alternative date for the Confederation Cup without knowing what other tracks are doing with their own stakes schedules” states Flamboro Downs General Manager, Chad Gates. “Flamboro will be exploring possible dates in September that will best align with stakes schedules within the industry”.
On Wednesday, March 18, 2020 Great Canadian Gaming
Corporation announced the temporary closure of its facilities to the
public, until further notice, at all its racetracks that are currently
active. This includes Flamboro Downs in Hamilton, Ontario and Georgian
Downs in Innisfil, Ontario where live racing is currently carrying on
throughout the months of July and August 2020.
Great Canadian recently decided to conduct racing at all three tracks without spectators as it was deemed necessary to protect the health and well-being of Great Canadian’s team members, the industry participants that race and train at the racetracks, and the support personnel for the industry.
Flamboro Downs is scheduled to resume live racing in September 2020.